Friday, July 27, 2007

Bryce starts first grade

Yesterday Bryce had open house at Palmer Stone (his school). He was a little nervous but quickly overcame the nervousness. His teacher seems to be a kind person. He has a few kids that were in his class last year so he was excited about this. We ate Mexican food to celebrate last night.

The morning Bryce woke up and ran upstairs. He had a HUGE grin and he said, "This is the first day of first grade!!" He had breakfast, dressed and had time to watch a show. I drove him to school this morning. He wanted me to walk him in but was not nervous at all. Some of his former classmates greeted him when he walked into the classroom. His teacher asked him to get out his notebook so I guess he will be ready to learn. I pray that he will meet lots of new friends and have a wonderful year in first grade.

When I returned home Landon wanted to do "school". We worked on some worksheets and kept saying, "I want to show this to Bryce". Landon really wants to go to school and he will next year.

Pray for us as this will be a very busy fall.

0 comments: