Thursday, January 1, 2009

My sewing projects!

Ryan and the Jacksons got me a sewing machine for Christmas. I have never sewed before but have always wanted to learn. I went and bought some material and patterns and this is what I have made so far. I love it! It is so much fun to create something with your own two hands. The pink and purple dresses will have bows at the top once I figure how to make them. I just love the purple material. The apron will have a orange flounce at the bottom and looks better in person than in the picture. The capri pants have taken me almost a week to make. They were horrible. Thanks to Mrs. Jackson for all the help putting together the patterns that I couldn't figure out. I had the pants sewn all the way together where she couldn't even get her legs in. I sewed them 2 times and tore out the stitches and started over. That is my hardest part. The tutu idea was from my cousin. It turned out cute! Easy to make but a little time consuming and tedious. I am sure I will have many more to come.

































































7 comments:

The Holtons said...

How cute! I didn't know that you wanted to be a "seamtress":) Cute dresses, you were cracking me up talking about the pants! Have fun!

One Krazy Momma said...

Wow! Looks like you've been busy. I love making thing, but it always makes mad during the process. I can concentrate on nothing else.

ma said...

I've been waiting for these pictures. The creations are . adorable. I am so glad you are sewing. Here is a saying I saw at the alteration shop here in Valparaiso. "You will rip what you sew" I guess you have found that to be very true. That is the way you learn though. I'll be looking forward to more original creations. LOVE YOU ma

Summer said...

Wow! Those turned out so good. And you've done so many in such a short time...can't wait to see them in person.

Rosemary said...

It has been fun being your "sew-mate." You are doing great.

MJN6 said...

You are doing a great job with your new machine. Can't wait to see more.

Anonymous said...

tell me when you start taking orders...ha ha