Wednesday, February 18, 2009

More outfits, mainly dresses




























































































So I decided that I would make myself a dress to match Sydney Katya's, that was a BAD decision and I don't think I will ever make one for me again. I liked the dress but it was an ordeal to make. I actually have made two dresses but only am showing one for now. This one I made the first time and it would even close in the back by about 3 or 4 inches. I had to tear it apart and salvage what I could such as only the straps and buy new material and a new pattern and start over. It matches and looks okay but it would take too much patience to sew for myself :)


As for the other dresses shown in this blog, the orange one and the blue one are a little big still so she will have to wear them in other years. I was able to learn how to handmake flowers for the orange dress. The blue one Ryan says looks like a dress my more wore to a GCS function. The red one is now finished, in this picture the sleeves weren't quite finished but I wanted to make sure it fit!! The blue crepe or perwinkle one was very time consuming because of the layers, not sure I like the material I chose for that one. Parker Reid's pajama shirt was made because the first one I made for him wouldn't fit over his head. This one has a snap!! Ryan calls him nurse Parker when he wears it. The smallest outfits I made for my friend who has twins, a boy and girl. She will send me a picture with them wearing them when they grow into them.

2 comments:

The Holtons said...

You sure have cute models!

Lindsay and Willis said...

The matching dresses turned out very cute after all! You go girl! Sydney's pose in that little red dress is precious!