Monday, June 14, 2010

Sea and Snow


Right now I am in Sochi visiting Vera and her family. It is beautiful weather here. Yesterday it was a little hot. They live very near the Black Sea, mountains and waterfalls. It has been very nice to visit with her. They have taken me all around the city. I have so many beautiful pictures but because of the internet speed I can't upload them :( The picture above is me, the first day I arrived to Sochi. I am standing in the Black Sea. The water is cool but nice. There beaches are smooth stones. It is very interesting to lay on them because they are very warm. I saw snow when we went to visit the mountains. They are building for the Olympics in 2014 which will be held in this beautiful place. I am doing very well in my understanding as Vera and her family speak NO English. They are very patient with me and I have tried hard to understand and to speak too!! It is nice to be submersed in the language. I will write more later. Tomorrow I leave for Ukraine and Sumy :) I will miss it here but I am excited to see some more of my friends too.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Glad you are having fun!

MJN6 said...

Thanks for the update. So glad to see you this morning. The water looks very clear and the rocky beach is sure different from what I would have expected. Love you Mom