Thursday, December 20, 2007

Christmas Traditions

Christmas has always been a special time for our family! My mom has ALWAYS really outdone herself at Christmas. From the time I was a very young child; I can remember baking Christmas goodies with my mom. I wanted to carry on this tradition with my children so every year we try to bake and take trays to our friends! It is so much fun. It is one of my highlights at Christmastime! This year was the same as all the rest and my mom, Summer and I got together last weekend and did our Christmas cooking. The boys helped me the day before by making dipped pretzels and chex mix (we call it trash). I had a lot of fun. We went last night to deliver some of our trays to our neighborhood friends. It has been so much fun and the boys really enjoyed it. Thanks MOM for starting this tradition with us!!

We have also been blessed to attend 2 Christmas parties. One was at our church and the other at my mom's church. We were able to see Santa at both of them (and he was the same Santa). How cool is that!! We had a petting zoo at our church party so the boys really enjoyed that.

I have finished my Christmas cards, mailed them, wrapped my gifts and now we are just waiting for Santa. He will come visit us the day after Christmas this year because my sister is spending Christmas with Josh's family. We wanted to save all the fun for her and Josh to be a part!! I pray that you all will enjoy being with friends and family. If you are not able to be with friends and family, remember all the fun memories and traditions that you have shared. Take care and may God BLESS YOU as he is continuing to BLESS ME!!

with love,
Sara

5 comments:

Summer said...

I agree! Mom is a saint! great post.

MJN6 said...

You are such a blessing to me and I am so thankful that you are carrying on the tradition. Thanks for helping me stay focused. I love you. MOM

MJN6 said...

Youare such a blessing to me and I am so thankful you are carrying on the tradition. Delivery the Christmas goodies was always one of my favorite times. I love you. MOM

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your Christmas blog. That is a wonderful tradition. It is so important to teach your children to remember others. It is just wonderful. LOVE YOU ma

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed your Christmas blog. It is so great that you carry on this wonderful tradition. I am so thankful you are teaching your children to be so thoughtful of other people. LOVE YOU ma