Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Parker Reid's trip to the ER

Last night, we had the boys in the bed and they were supposed to be going to sleep. I was sitting at my computer getting ready to study a little for my last final which is Wednesday. Parker Reid came in crying saying I hit my head (he had just been up going to the bathroom). I said "go to bed, Parker Reid". Ryan was also working on his school things looked up at him and there was blood pouring down his head!! He told me that he had gashed his head. We took him in the bathroom and it was a pretty deep slash. Ryan said he could put a stitch in (someone had given us a stitch kit), but I decided that it was in an obvious place so I would rather not chance a huge scar. We went to the ER. Parker Reid was very brave and had 3 stitches put in his forehead. He was VERY brave and didn't even cry!! I was so happy that it wasn't worse. He is accident prone and when he called Uncle Luke from the hospital Uncle Luke said, "You need to wear a helmet ALL the time". This is true!! Parker Reid started early with his falls and other adventures. I thought I would make a list of the top few.

1. At 2 months Parker Reid falls down the stairs with daddy and has to ride Trauma 1 (a helicoptor) to Shands in Jacksonville, Fl.
2. Parker Reid pushes a chair up to the stove, climbs up on the stove to get the phone off the counter. (he was about 18 months)
3. Parker Reid sits in an ant bed in the front yard and is covered in ants (he did this twice in a few days).
4. I come in to find Parker Reid with pieces of a busted light bulb surrounding him and some pieces in his mouth! He was about 18 months on this one too. (no cuts though, I was shocked)
5. Parker Reid was climbing up some stair at a family reunion and fell and popped his forehead open (blood was everywhere). No stitches on this one though.
6. Last night's fall was just another to add to the book!!

Parker Reid has a wonderful guardian angel who watches over him and I thank God that he has not been seriously injured. Thank God everyday for your children sometimes I think these things happen so that I will slow down and appreciate what I have been given.

Merry Christmas!!

3 comments:

Ryan said...

He definetly has a guardian angel... and being tough as nails helps too.

The Holtons said...

Sorry to hear about your ER trip. Glad he is OK. Hope you all have a great Holiday! Ginny

Anonymous said...

I am so glad Parker Reid is okay!

I made your cookies the other night for Ryan (the peanut butter w/Hershey Kisses), they are still his favorite, but I think he thinks yours are better. Hope you all have a SAFE and happy holiday season!
Nikki