Saturday, April 4, 2009

Spring Break Part 1

These snakes were right next to the water we had been swimming in all day.




























This week has been the boy's spring break. The weather hasn't been that great most of the week. Summer and I took the kids to the beach on Monday. Tuesday we were around the house and then celebrated Parker Reid's birthday. Summer took the two youngest with her to Atlanta on Wednesday. Wednesday and Thursday it flooded!! It rained and rained and rained. I will show you how much rain I collected. Friday I decided to take the boys to Manatee Springs. My friend Missy went along too! It was a beautiful day and we were happy for the sunshine. This was one of the prettiest places I have ever visited and it only cost $4 to enter the park. The boys had a great time in the water. Missy and I finally got it but it was COLD!! Later on we went to Gainesville to visit with Misha. He took us to the bat house on campus. It was so neat to see all the bats fly off right at dusk. It was unbelievable and if you haven't been you should definately go see this event. He also took us to Payne's Prairie (near Gainesville). We were able to spot tons of alligators. The boys enjoyed our very exciting Friday.
































































































































































































































4 comments:

Summer said...

Wow the water is beautiful!!! Looks like fun!

MJN6 said...

The water is beautiful but I would have been terrified of that snake!!!

Unknown said...

Great Photos! What a pretty place!

The Holtons said...

I agree with Mom-beautiful water but I hate being anywhere near the snakes! Glad ya'll had fun!