Sunday, October 7, 2007

Fall Break Trip

This past week was Bryce's Fall Break from school. Landon and Parker Reid really enjoyed having him home this week to play. We didn't do much early in the week because of my classes. Thursday morning we left to meet my mom and dad in Ellijay, GA. We enjoyed a breakfast with Luke at the Dwarf House in Woodstock. The boys loved the little red door which was just their size. After breakfast, the kids and I drove on to Ellijay. We met my parents at the neatest pumpkin place. There were hundreds of HUGE pumpkins and lots of other variety of squash too. We LOVED it (especially me)! The pumpkins ranged from about $1 to $89. I couldn't believe that people would pay that much for something that rots but I guess they do for Christmas trees. After the pumpkins we drove over to an apple orchard. They had no apples on the tree because they had all been picked but we tasted a few varieties. My favorite is the Granny Smith. The boys enjoyed the petting farm there where they saw rabbits, cats, dogs, goats, calves and a chicken. Sydney Katya loved the cow the best. We rode on a hayride then had a quick lunch with daddy. Mom and I left from there for Chattanooga, TN. We checked into a hotel and went to a neat park. You had to cross a LONG bridge to get to the park. It crossed a river. Parker Reid was a little nervous but made it across. The boys rode the carosel which only cost 75 cents; I was shocked!! It was a nice one too. We had a quick dinner at the food court on the way back to the hotel. Friday morning we had a nice breakfast a the hotel and headed out for Rock City. The boys and I rode the incline down the mountain. Mom waited for Sydney Katya to get a nap. We all went to Rock City after the incline. The views were breathtaking and we all had a relaxing time. Parker Reid even saw "Batman Squeeze" otherwise called "Fatman Squeeze". Later we went to the corn maize which was too difficult and very hard. The boys enjoyed it though. Thanks mom for a fun trip. We appreciated it!!

I will post pictures when I have time to download.

0 comments: