Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Ukrainian gift!

This is a picture that I took this morning. I receieved a package yesterday from Ukraine. I wasn't home so I went to the Post Office this morning to pick it up. It was from Maria. Maria and I have been writing each other for a few years (since I went to Ukraine during the summer of 2005). Her son and I worked together at the camp in Ukriane. He was one of my translators. She can speak very little English so he translates all my letters to her and then writes hers in English for me. I am sure it is a lot of work but I appreciate it so much. Maria is so good about sending birthday cards for my children's birthdays. Over a year ago she made matching Ukrianian shirts for the boys. When I went during the summer of 2006, I was finally able to meet her and she presented me with a beautiful shirt. She sewed all these by hand, no machine. This morning the present was a shirt for Sydney Katya (although she just calls her Katya). It matches mine and is adorable. I will post more pictures later but I wanted to share this one.

3 comments:

Summer said...

I love that picture. Landon looks so funny. That is so sweet she made Sydney a matching shirt.

Anonymous said...

The kids look adorable! That was very nice of her.

Sarah

Vitaliy Sharay said...

Hi! Sara! And all your family! My mum and me are very happy you like your presents and we hope your childrens like it as you are!Sorry I can't talk to you cause I have a little time free! Take care!!! Kiss!!! And surely billions hugs!!!