Monday, September 22, 2008

Chilling down for chili!



Fall is in the air around here. I can't say that it has dropped much in temperature but it is definately cooler which is great. The other day Parker Reid asked his grandad if he could make chili. So he did!! It tasted wonderful and is one of my favorite foods for fall and winter. It is a comfort food. We ate a large amount of it on Saturday and had the rest on Sunday. Yummy!!


We start soccer practice this week. We have a Tuesday and a Thursday one. Parker Reid and Bryce are playing. I will keep you updated. Tomorrow we have a special birthday boy who is turning 6. Can't believe it!! Stay tuned for more details.

4 comments:

ma said...

The chili looks delicious. I didn't know Mr. Jackson could cook. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Landon. LOVE YOU ma

esmusgrove said...

Happy Birthday Landon!! The big 6!

Summer said...

I too have been craving chili. I'll have to put some in the crockpot for one night this week.

Bev said...

Happy Birthday, Landon! You share your Sept. 23rd birthday with Octavian (Augustus Ceasar) in 63 B.C. (no joke),Mickey Rooney in 1920, John Coltraine in 1926, he wrote the song My Favorite Things. Ray Charles in 1930 who sang our state song Georgia on My Mind" another singer Julio Iglesias (your grandmothers know his songs) and The great Bruce Springsteen, "born in the USA" in 1949. So have a great birthday! XO Steve&Beverly