Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The weekend and beyond

Friday I went to mom and daddy's to spend the night with them. It was nice to see them. We had dinner and some catfish place. My chicken livers were good. Later mom and I spent time measuring and placing furniture for our upcoming move. I was up early the next morning to have breakfast with my brother at Buckhead Bread Company. It was nice and I had fried green tomatoes on sourdough with scrambled eggs and hollandaise sauce. After that it was off to the airport to meet my friend, Igor. He arrived right on time and by the time I parked and came into the airport, he was ready to go!! We drove over to Stone Mountain and hiked the mountain. It was a lot of fun to have time to talk and get some fresh air too. After this it was back to Valdosta. We had a brief stop at Chick-Fil-A because he had never eaten there. We arrived in Valdosta and Ryan had prepared a delicious meal and two key lime pies (my favorite). After dinner we all went on a bike ride. Sunday we went to church and after this had a luncheon for Igor. Many of the people who have gone to Ukraine before were at the luncheon hosted by Mr. Alred. We enjoyed talking and laughing! We went home later that afternoon and went swimming. Ryan made Mexican food for dinner. YUMMY!! Monday morning Igor and I headed to Bryce and Landon's school and talked to their classes about Ukraine. It was fun and he wrote all the children's names in Russian. The kids were able to ask some questions. After that we went to get ice cream and pizza. We talked that afternoon and then it was time to pick the kids up from school and head to Gainesville. We had dinner with Bill, Lyuba, Misha and Ira!! After dinner we did some singing and the boys played guitar with Misha. It was great to see everyone again. {Igor translates for Bill when he travels to Ukraine and Russia.} After dinner Lyuba and Bill watched the kids for a little while and Igor, Misha, Ira and I went over to Misha's new apartment for tea and met another of the translators Anya (who happened to be in Gainesville). It was so nice to visit with friends. We arrived home about 12:15 am (yes, way too late for a school night). The next morning I dropped Igor off at Mr. Alred's for a fishing trip and then came back to take the kids to school. I had to sub half a day on Tuesday afternoon. Well, that brings you up to date. Oh and by the way, I learned many new Russian words while I had a tutor.

3 comments:

Summer said...

Sounds like you had a busy weekend/week. Hate I missed you while you were up here. Can't wait to see you and the kids soon.

ma said...

Thanks for the blog. Love the pictures or you and Samuel. That breakfast looks so good. Glad you had a good visit with your friends. LOVE YOU ma

MJN6 said...

Sound like fun. Love you MOM