Saturday, July 26, 2008

Our move to Valdosta and LOTS OF BLACKBERRIES!!



Reagan looks mad at Sydney Katya but he loved her.

















Sorry that I haven't blogged since we moved. We have been very busy adjusted to our new life. On Thursday, we unpacked and then went on a bike ride. We went by a friend's house to get some more pictures from my Ukraine trip (as if I didn't already have enough). The boys love riding bikes and so do I especially on the flat roads here (much easier than mom's neighborhood). Friday my father-in-law and I went to the board office to get the kid's proof of residency for school!! It was a very easy and quick trip. Later that night we went to eat with Mike Johnson, his wife and Chris Bundrick and his wife. It was nice to remember times we were in school together. Ryan went to the Batman movie with them and I came home to relieve the Jackson's of babysitting duties. Today I invited Patience and her boys over for a swim. We enjoyed comparing mom stories. It is nice to have a mom who understands boys. Thanks Patience. It was fun!!! Tonight Allison, Ryan, Mrs. Jackson, the boys, Ansley and Brayden and I went to pick blackberries. Picking blackberries in one of my FAVORITE summer activities but I usually pick wild ones with briars and in very grown up areas. Allison invited me to a place and the berries were GREAT. We picked berries about 2/1/2 hours. It was so much fun and the berries were very tasty. The kids picked for a little while then went on to play for the remaining time together. On our way home Mr. Jackson called asking when we would be home. He was watching Sydney Katya (she wanted MOMMY)!!! Thank you so much for watching her. She would have been very difficult to watch at this place. Well, that sums up a few days. We are having a good time and the kids are enjoying being back with some of their old friends (and I am too).




















Bryce took these 2 of me with the bowl of berries.

5 comments:

MJN6 said...

Those are beautiful berries. Looks like you all are having a great time with lots of friends. Love you MOM

ma said...

Sounds like everyone is adjusting nicely to the move. Know you all are enjoying all those berries. Hope you have a wonderful week. LOVE YOU ma

The Holtons said...

Where did you pick those berries? I need some fresh ones for a cobbler recipe. It's easy so Ryan might not be interested but it sure is good! Gllad you are down here-come see us!

The Holtons said...

Thanks for the berries and jam...I know I was going to love having you close again!!!

Anonymous said...

Dear Sara,
I am sooooo glad you are back in Valdosta/Dasher. I enjoyed our time picking blackberries and look forward to many more fun times while you are here. P.S. You're not leaving again..ha ha:)
Allison