Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Mom's could be doctors...

As many of you know, Bryce has been sick for about a week now. He has had a bad cough and just not much energy compared to his normal energy level. Over the weekend he went to Summer's and had a fever most the weekend but not a very high one. The night's are the worst thing because of the horrible COUGHING. It is the worst sounding cough you have ever heard. It is a cough-until you gag- cough!! This is gross and very annoying especially now that Sydney Katya is actually sleeping all night. My mom and sister have been bugging me to take him to the doctor. You really need to take him to the doctor, they both told me. I knew that if I took the doctor would say he is fine but I got him an appointment this morning. I go pick him up from school because he doesn't like to miss school and took him to the doctor. It was a long visit but not as long as some of our visits have been. The doctor comes in, asks what's wrong, and checks him out. She asks if I have given him any cough medicine. I said yes, she asked if it was working I said NO. She said we will do a strep test which was negative. We left the office and nothing is wrong with Bryce (just like I knew she would say). Not that I am not thankful that he is okay, I AM!! I just don't like to waste time at the doctor's office when nothing is diagnosed. I guess we will continue the cough medicine that is not helping and hope the cough goes away soon. Oh one more funny thing, while we were in the office I was going over Bryce's vocabulary words. The word was "dilemma" and I asked him the definition. He said word for word the definition so I asked him to give me an example. He said it is when you have to choose whether to go to the doctor or to school and I would rather be in school!!! He is such a funny child.

5 comments:

The Holtons said...

So many times "Moms know best"! Glad he is ok but that night coughing can surely be rough--especially on Mom!

Summer said...

I personally think the doctor is wrong. A child should not be coughing like that for so long. Get a new doctor!!

Rosemary said...

I hope our great guy gets feeling better before his birthday tomorrow. Can't believe it was 7 years ago we were filled with joy at his birth. Sorry about the lame doctor's visit. Maybe all of you can sleep better knowing at least some negative possiblities have been eliminated. However, your visit may have been worth Summer's response. I LOVE reading her comments!

MJN6 said...

I glad he is ok. Thanks for taking him for my peace of mind. Love MOm

ma said...

Mother knows best. Hope he has had a wonderful birthday. The cough will go away. Love You ma