Thursday, February 21, 2008

WEANING SYDNEY KATYA!!!

Ok, Summer here is your post (see the comment Summer left for me). Bryce has been on winter break this week which has been nice especially because of the fact that I was sick all last weekend and the early part of this week too. I don't know how I would have ever been able to get him ready for school. Ryan has been sick too. He usually gets whatever any of us have just 10 times as bad (or maybe that is what he wants us to think). Parker Reid was the one who started us all out on the sickness and it just travels around. Mom has been enjoying the beach all week and we are ready for her to return. It has been hard to keep things in order like she does:) The kids have enjoyed playing outside a little this week although today and tomorrow we are excpecting rain. Bryce had his first soccer practice Tuesday and I thought I was going to FREEZE by the end. Landon had tryouts for baseball Saturday. He did very well and we are excited about the upcoming season. Parker Reid will be playing t-ball too. I will be sure to post pictures. The rest of this post is about weaning Sydney Katya. IF YOU ARE EASILY GROSSED PLEASE DON'T READ ANY FURTHER.

I have been needing to wean Sydney Katya from nursing for A WHILE!! I expected her to follow suit with the boys and WEAN HERSELF at 12 months. Not hardly, she did not think this was a good idea; she would rather wake me every night for a little nurse and go back to sleep. It has been getting really OLD and EXHAUSTING getting up every night with her at least once or twice. Not good, I know that some of you had kids that slept through the night from birth. Good for you, I wish mine did too but THEY DIDN'T!!!! The first night we just laid her down in her bed. She screamed, yelled, pitched a fit for about 3 or 4 hours of and on. The next night it was a little better and last night it was ALL NIGHT. I am so HAPPY!!! I love my sleep and a FULL night's sleep is PRICELESS. I am sure she will still have occasional bad nights but she is no longer nursing at all!! YEAH!! I know also that some of you are thinking is she excited about no longer nursing. The answer is YES. I am one of the largest promoters of breast feeding that there is but I have been nursing for lots of years, 4/1/2 to be exact and I am ready to be done. Now if I can get over the HUGE SWELLING AND ENGOREMENT that I am going through right now that will be good. I can't even hook my bra and I think I am getting stretch marks on my boobs (GROSS) although I am sure everything will be sure and shrink back to non-existant size soon. I am putting cabbage leaves on my boobs for the swelling and hope to be able to finish up this part so I can finally THROW AWAY my nursing bras. Ok, if you have read this you are really bored but this is about my life and I am not one of the most interesting people ever. That is all for now...

7 comments:

Summer said...

I think your life is pretty interesting and I think it is hilarious that you posted about how big your boobs are now. So I think you should take a picture just to capture the last time (with a boob job) that you boobs will be this big. Sydney is just doing so good with weaning because she wants to spend the night at Aunt Summer's house before the circus. And I didn't think the post was that gross. Have the kiddos gotten their baseball/soccer/tball schedules yet?

Unknown said...

Goodbye Dolly Parton! Love Auntie

Rosemary said...

Sara~ You know your site was denied at the school. Heaven forbid this one about the "Weaning Sydney Katya!!!" should be revealed. :) The only way you could survive your current lifestyle is to have a great sense of humor. Reality shows can't hold a candle to life in Oxford. Love you lots, Rosemary

Beth said...

Lol, you are so funny! I love reading your blogs, and I for one think you lead an extremely interesting and full life! :-)

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you!!! You are such a SUPER mom and inspiration to all of us not so devoted breastfeeding moms. I know you probably felt like having a party that last feeding(I sure did & I NEVER made it past 8 weeks of nursing:)).

Tell everyone hi for me!

Love you!

Anonymous said...

Sara! I honestly hold you in highest regard for nursing all those years, what a trooper! I did for 6 months and thought I should have earned the medal of honor! :) You have always been a great inspiration to me and someone I know has all the answers for "raising boys"!
Have a great week! Hope all your family is healthy soon
Patience

One Krazy Momma said...

Whoo HOo! I'm feelin ya!