Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Little league practice

Last evening, I had the interesting task of taking Landon to practice. I have not been to his baseball practice due to class and taking Bryce but yesterday he wanted me to go. We arrive and I thought I had chosen the big pickup truck convention. Most of the dads had these HUGE trucks and they were pulling out bat bags, baseballs and other things. Also, almost all the kids had baseball pants and were dressed like miniature baseball players (it was so funny). They started practice and you have 9 or 10 kids swinging bats with other kids just inches away. They were swinging hard too!! It was CRAZY. I sat there for a while and this little girl was playing behind Landon while he was practicing his swings with the coach. The little girl kept getting closer and I am thinking surely someone will move her. NOT SO.. Finally, I walked over there and told the coach that I thought someone needed to move her so Landon didn't hit her with the bat. Only then did the parents move her. I know I am not the perfect parent but when there are bats around in the hands of FIVE year old boys, YOU NEED TO CONSTANTLY BE WATCHING!!! The practice was so funny because you have these potbellied coaches standing in the field talking on their cellphones while the kids are swinging bats right near each other's heads and then half the team was playing on the playground. It was so amusing although of course I had to get on the kids a few time because I didn't want anyone to get hurt. Landon is on the semi pro league (actually not but that's what his coaches think). He has practice 3 times a week (yes, he is only 5 years old). CRAZY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All of these things are true but the coach is very encouraging, nice but maybe a little fanatical for this age. Just thought I would share what you have to look forward to when your kids play little league (in case you aren't there already).

Also, mom bought an elliptical trainer (some kind of exercise equipment). She is so excited!! It took lots of manpower (mom, Ryan and I ) to get that heavy machine up the stairs (the machine weighing in at least 200 pounds). After about 2 hours we had it working. I posted some pictures of mom on the machine. Notice daddy's position on the couch (SLEEPING)!!!

Hope everyone is having a great week.

1 comments:

Summer said...

That is great! I love the pictures of Mom on the elliptical. Typical Daddy sleeping. I do think it is pretty crazy for them to practice 3times a week. Can't wait to watch them play.