Wednesday, March 12, 2008

A school bus driver, Mrs. Brenda

This morning the phone rang at about 6:46 which is about the time that Bryce gets on the bus in the morning. . . Every morning at 6:49 his bus rounds the corner, down the hill and stops at our house. Oh, but it wasn't always like this. Bryce started riding the bus when Sydney was born in October. For a while, I was having to walk him up the rode to catch the bus. I asked the bus driver about picking him up in our driveway and she said I would have to talk to transportation. I did and they said it was a safe pick up place and it was a certain distance from our house so she couldn't come and pick him up in our driveway. I was not happy with this decision because I had to walk up to the bus stop and leave my other sleeping kids at the house (not good). I kept going to different people and finally to the school board. No one approved it about a month or so later Mrs. Brenda said, "I will be dropping Bryce off and picking him up in your driveway". "My supervisor was fired and it is ridiculous for you to walk with your little baby down here." " I have to turn around at the end of your street anyway." I was so excited and thankful!! Everyday this lady greets Bryce with a hello and is so kind to him. A little while ago we had some issue with mild bullying on the bus and she addressed the situation. On Bryce's birthday she gave him a really special gift and an encouraging note. She even told me to please call her anytime that I needed her to watch out for things or to ask anything. This lady spends her time driving children to their homes and making sure they get off the bus safely. She is such an encouragement to Bryce.

The phone call this morning was from Mrs. Brenda. She is being moved to another route. She and another lady pass each other on their routes so they are combining the two routes due to gas prices and the low numbers that ride the bus. She said I don't want to tell the kids. She had to though and did it this afternoon. After a BIG hug for Mrs. Brenda, Bryce got off this bus this afternoon he ran to me, sat in my lap and sobbed. This person who is so special to him will not be spending those minutes in the mornings or afternoons with him anymore. He is so sad about her changing routes. So this blog is a tribute to Mrs. Brenda who for a year and a half has made such an impact on my child. Thank you, Mrs. Brenda for all you did and I'm sure you will continue to bless!! We will miss you!!!

Please pray for Bryce as tomorrow will be her last day driving his bus.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I am sorry that you will not have Miss Brenda for your bus driver anymore, Bryce. She sounds like such a nice person and she has a very nice name.
Love, Auntie (Brenda)
Did Bryce get his Target card?

Summer said...

Bless his heart!! I hope this next bus driver is just as good. Oh, and take some new pictures of Sydney, my friends keep looking on here waiting for new pics of her!

One Krazy Momma said...

Good bus drivers make all the difference in the world!

The Holtons said...

I know how you feel-we should always remember to be thankful for those extra special people who are EXTRA SPECIAL to and with our children!

Missy said...

I feel so bad for the little fellow. It is hard on mom too when our babies are hurting. I am thankful this lady had such a positive impact on Bryce.

MJN6 said...

Isn't it wonderful how God places special people in our lives and the lives of our children that make
such a difference. It takes a village. Love MOM

Patience Lawson said...

sara, that story made tears come to my eyes! I can't imagine that one day I will see our boys hurt... and so tender hearted. What a sweet story!