Sunday, March 23, 2008

A tribute to a special person


First of all, I would like to pay tribute to my sister (and Josh too). Summer is the most wonderful person. She is such a huge help to me. She helps keep me on track with birthday parties, plans fun activities for the kids and always is doing something special for the kids at the holidays. She and Josh came over Saturday and watched Bryce's soccer game and came to Parker Reid's practice!! Then she helped the birthday party and egg dying (sp??) go so smoothly. Sunday morning she and Josh woke up at 4:30 AM to go with us to sunrise service on Stone Mountain (YES, it was FREEZING). We had such a good time and the kids LOVE spending time with their aunts and uncles!! We all went to IHOP for breakfast (thanks to mom and dad) and then it was over to Summer's for a nap (more for the adults than kids). She had made Easter baskets for each of the kids. She is ALWAYS going overboard to do something neat and special. Later in the afternoon, we went over to Josh's parents' for their annual egg hunt. The weekend was busy but so much FUN. We LOVE you, Summer and Josh!!! Thanks you for ALL you do for not only us but everyone who knows you. I am truly THANKFUL that GOD has blessed me with the two of you.

5 comments:

ma said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sister, Summer. Nothing like having a wonderful sister. I know first hand about that. Your and Summer are truly blessed to have each other. LOVE all the pictures. ma

The Holtons said...

Great picture of the three of you! My "grown" nieces still talk about all the special things we did when they were growing up! You are lucky to have such a loving sister and lucky she found a husband who loves your family, too!

Unknown said...

I enjoyed reading about your special Easter Sunday. Thanks for all the pictures and the tribute.

Summer said...

Wow, don't know where that came from but thanks. I love those kids sooooo much, and I enjoy spending time with them. They are the cutest kids and they just melt my heart. I am really, really, really, really bummed, that yall are planning on moving away in a few months. I so enjoy being close to you all. Love you!!

MJN6 said...

What a sweet tribute to your sister! I am so thankful that you have each other. Love MOM