Friday, March 7, 2008

A first for me...

Yesterday mom and I had an afternoon out on the town. We had a scheduled dinner with my sister at 6:00 so we had about an hour to kill before meeting her so we decided to get our hair cut. We love to do things spur of the moment. Mom said there is a salon. Mom and I walked in and asked if they took walk-ins. They had two people available to cut our hair. I tried to choose (just by looking at the person) who would be best for mom. She is a little more picky about haircuts because hers is shorter than mine. I knew that pretty much anyone could cut mine because I didn't really want a special style. There was a man and an oriental lady, so I chose the guy. Well, come to find out after we finished that mom's had been cutting hair a little over a year and mine for 27 years!! Mom's lady was a little slow and mine was done quickly so I decided to get my eyebrows waxed. I always think that Summer's are so pretty so I thought well I will splurge and do mine. The lady that was doing brows was the same one cutting mom's hair (not sure whether that was good or bad). Summer arrived at the salon just in time to hold my hand for the waxing. It hurt a little but not near as bad as I thought. We finished with our salon day and had a good time at dinner with Summer. I am donating my hair to Locks of Love . I had about 10 inches cut. I am blessed that my hair grows quickly because I was able to donate soon after Sydney Katya was born too. The pictures below are the before and after of the waxing. I will post later pictures of my haircut. Although nothing is spectacular about it. Love to all!!









BEFORE







AFTER

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really brightens up your eyes!

ma said...

WOW WOW WOW WOW WOW Do you look good or what. I'm so glad you all had a good time together. It is the little things in life that make for happiness. LOVE YOU ma

Patience Lawson said...

eyebrows look awesome!!!!! i wish I had your fast growing hair.... all mine seems to do is fall out/break and turn grey (thanks mom)!

have a great weekend!

Summer said...

Your eyebrows look SOOOOOOO GOOD! I can't believe what a difference it made. I could tell as soon as she did the first eyebrow. We need to make this a bi-monthly girls night :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE your eyebrows! Wow! I like your hair that length too! Looking GOOD!

MJN6 said...

You are so beautiful-inside and out. I think the bimonthly thing is a great idea. Thanks again for the special time together with you both. Love you MOM

One Krazy Momma said...

Yes! You did it! They look awesome! I'm going to donate some hair pretty soon.

Anonymous said...

Love your new look! Sounds like you guys had so much fun. I am so JEALOUS with how fast your hair grows. I have been seriously considering trying those hair & nail supplements, but they would probably just make my backside bigger :)

Love ya!