Tuesday, June 10, 2008

9th Anniversary is on Thursday!





My husband has surprised me for maybe the first time in our married life. Not that he hasn't tried, oh he has, but I am really sneaky and find out what the surprise is before it happens!! Yesterday we were planning on going to dinner in Athens at the Five and Ten Restaurant. As we were getting ready to leave I said "do you know where my deodorant is??" Ryan says, "I know you already know!" I said "know what??" He said, "know that we are going to stay overnight in Athens!" Anyways, we went to dinner. It was very good. I had fried green tomatoes and Ryan had lots of wierd things like pork belly and something else (can't remember the name). We had a good time. After dinner we went to a few shops looking for luggage for my trip (no luck, though). Then we went to the bed and breakfast. We stayed there about 8 years ago when we were moving Katie into her dorm at UGA. It was neat to go back. The people that run it are really nice. We went to bed at 9 but the bad thing is we woke at 6:45 (because I guess our mind thought we were going to have the kids). Our host woke at 8:30. We were definately hungry by the time we ate at 9:30 (the latest we have eaten in a while). We shopped most of the day and were home by the time the kids awakened from their naps. These are some pictures from the place. It was decorated with lots of pretty antiques.

8 comments:

MJN6 said...

So glad you all got to spend some time together. I know it is hard to do with 4 little ones. See, Ryan, I can keep a secret. Ha Ha. Love you MOM

Summer said...

Glad yall had fun. You look SOOO dark! I think you have surpassed me. And are you going to name you next kid, Athen :-)

Unknown said...

This looks like and awesome place. Glad you had fun.

Rosemary said...

Hush your mouth, Summer! The b&b looks gorgeous...you do too, Sara.:) I am glad you kids got to go and have some time off together. I know it was lots more extravagant than the Navy School, but maybe we could all go stay there when/if KT & Luke move back to Athens. Happy anniversary tomorrow.

Ryan said...

not funny summer!

Cheri said...

Congratulations Sara and Ryan! I hope you had a wonderful day. I love your new blog look. Colors are great! Love you-Cheri

chesedb said...

Funny Summer! Congrats you kids! Looks like a very romantic and special way to Celebrate. Love!

esmusgrove said...

Looks like a beautiful place. Happy 9th!