Friday, June 27, 2008

Fun Filled times in Gorlvka!




















Wednesday we had fried fish and zuchinni with tomatoes and sour cream. They were all delicious!! I am trying to post pictures but it is taking a while. On Thursday I spent the day with Vanya's Granny making Palmeny which is a pasta with meat inside. First Vanya had to grind the meat "meatsa" three times. Later Vany left for the university. It was a lot of fun and very interesting to be with Granny because she speaks Russian and I speak English. We were able to understand each other very well though. Vanya was gone because he had to study for a final exam in English. We worked on the Palmeny for 2/1/2 hours and then Vanya arrived home. His aunt arrived a little later and helped us and Vanya's mama too!! It was a family event!! Later we had more company arrive some friends of theirs from Moscow. We all had dinner and they had lots of laughter and conversation. I understood some of the conversation and Vanya interpreted the rest. I know it must be exhausting to here in one language and change it into another. He does a wonderful job though. His girlfriend (and future wife) joined us for dinner. She was very beautiful and very tall too. She did very well speaking English and Vanya is working with her so I am sure she will get even better. We watched futbol (soccer) two nights. Today we had a nice walk to the university that Vanya attends. Then had another wonderful dish with cabbage and dough on the outside prepared by Vanya's mama. It is very hard to describe these dishes. Vanya's granny keeps trying to get me to eat more and more. It is very hard because it is soooooooooooooooo much food!! But it is good "Vukushna" meaning tasty. We will travel to Vanya's aunt's "docha" meaning summer home tomorrow. I think it is an hour away. I will go to church on Sunday with Vanya and then on to Dhzerzhinsk.











** My pictures are taking a while to download so I will try again another day. It is 12 am so I should go to bed. It will be a busy day tomorrow.

0 comments: