Friday, June 13, 2008

Happy 9th Anniversary!

Ok, so it is our 9th anniversary. A few weeks ago I was getting ready for our anniversary and decided to order my husband a nice anniversary gift. It was an ipod Touch. Well, if you order online you get free engraving. I thought I will have this engraved for Ryan. I filled out the order form "Happy 10th Anniversary, I love you!!" The next day I was reading my friend Nikki's blog and it said "Happy 9th Anniversary to us". I thought about it for a moment and realized that they were married 3 weeks before us. I had ordered a gift engraved with the wrong anniversary. Oh well, it will have to count for next year too!!! Just thought you might enjoy how crazy my thinking is with all that is going on.

Below is the recap of our anniversary....

This is what the bread came in.






Yesterday was our 9th anniversary. We celebrated by going to a nice restaurant called Nava (thanks, Samuel for the gift card). It was great!! It was a southwestern style restaurant which is kinda Mexican food which Ryan loves. The service was really good. We even had valet parking (yes, we drove the old purple Camry). Ryan had a Filet Trio and I had a vegetarian dish. We had some cheese fritters for appetizers but they weren't my favorite (Ryan took care of them though). It was fun to spend some time with Ryan all by myself without being interupted by our wonderful kids.



Blue cornmeal muffins and crusty french roll

Ryan's dish

My dish had a spinach salad, tomato grits (awesome!), polenta cake, grilled asparagus and a wild mushroom tamale.

THANKS, RYAN FOR 9 WONDERFUL YEARS!

3 comments:

Rosemary said...

Jim and I are proud of you both. You have been through a lot of adventures in your 9 years! You also had a lot of celebrating this anniversary. The food looked marvelous. Again,happy anniversary!

MJN6 said...

So glad you all had a good time. Happy Anniversary with many, many more to come. You all are so blessed with such a precious family.

MJN6 said...

Happy Anniversary and many many more to come. Love you MOM